HARD TIMES HAPPENUNITED, we Fight for Financial Stability because no one, especially a child, should go hungry or homeless. At United Way of Warren County, we understand that hard times can happen to anyone, at any time.
It could happen to anyone. People sometimes face financial instability from unexpected events such as losing a job or getting sick.
We are committed to providing a safety net and temporary assistance to help people get back on their feet and become self-sufficient.
Our programs impact financial stability by:
- Helping victims of natural and manmade disasters by providing emergency shelter, clothing, medical supplies and health services.
- Assisting those in our communities experiencing food insecurities by providing supplemental food supplies and referrals to services to improve their long-term needs.
- Serving the increasing homeless population in our community with shelter and case management assistance to secure and maintain housing.
- Providing consumer credit counseling, homebuyer education, budgeting and credit repair assistance.
- Helping seniors and families live independently in their homes by providing nutritional meals, emergency medication assistance and referrals.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 8.6% of Warren County’s children live in poverty.
That’s not okay.
Your Dollars Make a Difference
dollars a week ($104) will provide 800 meals a year to people in need.
dollars a week ($208) will provide 3 hours of job development training for an individual with disabilities who wants to work in the community.
dollars a week ($1,560) will help an at-risk family find safe, reliable child care, which will enable them to continue working.
PARTNERS FOR A POSITIVE IMPACT
We partner with local non-profits and organizations who are equally committed to the financial stability of every person in our community. United, we can cultivate positive, lasting change where it matters the most: where we live.
Give Where You Live. With United Way, your donation stays local to support life-changing efforts happening right here in your own backyard.
Check out what’s happening around our community and discover how you can be a part of it. Sign up for the next United Way of Warren County event.
We deeply value the unique talents and expertise our volunteers bring to the table and always offer many opportunities to share them with our community.